|The intention of the Wenner Group of Companies is to be far more than an electrical, automation, audio video and security company. We are a collective of talented and skilled individuals, who collaborate together to deliver technical solutions that simplify the lives of our clients. We are “Professional Technologists”.
We believe that the technology associated with modern residential and commercial buildings is so fundamental to delivering social, economical and environmental benefits, that the traditional aspects of electrical, audio video and security trades has changed completely. Out team of expert designers, certified electricians, integration and security technicians work across the entire electrical spectrum using the latest in technology to deliver outstanding results.
We are Vancouver Island’s leading provider of complete automation systems, including lighting, A/V, shading and security. The company is an experienced dealer for both Control 4 and Crestron. Due to increased demand by businesses and individual homeowners, we are seeking full time experienced Project Leader / Journeyman Electrician.
The Project Leader position will require a minimum of 5 years of industry experience with line and low voltage installations. Specific experience working as a Project Lead on luxury residential projects and integrated automated systems will be an advantage.
All candidates will possess strong work ethic, ability to work in a team or alone and a very professional attitude. You will also be required to pass a criminal record check and have a current Drivers License with a clean driving record.
Job Responsibilities will include some or all of the following duties as listed below. The list is not exclusive and other duties may be included as required and agreed.
- Project Manage all aspects of the company’s electrical involvement in new build projects and liaison with the General Contractor, client and company office.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the work of other Team members on projects.
- Responsible for advising the office of the materials required for each project with sufficient lead time to ensure that they are available in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all paperwork and online communication and project software, photos, etc. associated with each project including proposal adjustments and change orders.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts.
- Complete Rough-In of all electrical requirements and cabling as per design.
- Install electrical and lighting control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
- Splice and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits and continuity test.
- Electrical Finish and install of all lighting and power outlets and trims and accessories.
- Connect electrical power to sound and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems.
- Final measures and drawing changes for preparation of ‘as-built’ drawings.
In addition to the electrical requirements, the Project Leader will also be required to coordinate onsite team members for Low Voltage Audio / Visual and Automation and/or Security work (including CCTV and Access Control)
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Red Seal Certification
- High Quality Installation Skills
- Great people and communication skills
A very attractive salary will be presented to the Project Leader who can demonstrate the desire and experience to part of the Wenner Team.
To apply please forward your resume.
Job Type: Full-time