Junior / Intermediate Design Technologists (Nanaimo)
The Wenner Group of Companies
The intention of the Wenner Group of Companies is to be far more than an electrical, audio video and security company. We are a collective of talented and skilled individuals, who collaborate together to deliver technical solutions that simplify the lives of our clients. We are “Professional Technologists”.
We believe that the technology associated with modern residential and commercial buildings is so fundamental to delivering social, economical and environmental benefits, that the traditional aspects of electrical, audio video and security trades has changed completely.
Our team of expert designers, certified electricians, integration and security technicians work across the entire electrical spectrum using the latest in technology to deliver outstanding results.
We are Vancouver Island’s leading provider of complete automation systems, including lighting, A/V, shading and security. The company is an experienced dealer for both Control 4 and Crestron. Due to increased demand by businesses we are looking for a junior / Intermediate Design Technologists to join our team.
This is an ideal role for someone who has had some experience in CAD Design and is and is looking to be an important part of a growing company. The ideal candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD experienced in Excel and MS Project and have had some exposure to related electrical, lighting or Audio Video technology industries, plus have a passion for learning new skills, while building on those they already possess.
Ideally you will:
- Work well self-directed and with a team.
- Be passionate about technology.
- Have a combination of high technical acumen and good people skills.
- Possess a technical degree or technical diploma.
- You believe in continuous improvement, sharing and learning.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in initial client meetings
- Preparing proposals using costing software
- Working collaboratively with design team and specifiers to prepare project drawings
- Administration of Project Management software for team
- Project Management for specific projects
- Tracking changes and variations
- Preparation of final as built documentation and drawings
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficiency in Estimating and use of CAD software
- Proficient in Excel and MS Project
- Interpretation of Architectural Drawings
- Exposure to designing Audio Visual, lighting and electrical systems would be a bonus
In Return We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a team that strives for excellence.
- A open and honest workplace that our team enjoy coming to each day.
- Working in our soon to be completed Head Office and Experience Centre
- A competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- On-site training and learning opportunities
The Wenner culture is such that, excellence is cultivated, leadership is developed and vision is delivered. As individuals our members are very good, as a team they are exceptional.
Required license or certification: